06 Jan Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
Posted at 23:57h in Recipes 0 Comments
This sun-dried Tomato Spread is a must-have staple recipe! Jammed with flavor, easy to make, perfect for your next Zoom party! These savory ingredients are ones to keep in the pantry and refrigerator for an effortless appetizer.
Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
- 11 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary minced fresh
- 1 teaspoon thyme minced fresh
- 1 clove garlic roasted
- 1 jar 8.5 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in oil, diced (See instructions)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1/4 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- pinch freshly ground pepper
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon toasted pignoli nuts reserve for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place garlic head in tin foil with 1/4 cup olive oil and place in a small baking dish. Roast until garlic is caramelized and soft.
- Toast pignoli nuts in a dry, small sauté pan until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients, excluding the pignoli nuts and the remaining jar of sun-dried tomato.
- Add 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of the finely chopped tomato to the food processor. Once combined, fold in 3 additional Tablespoons of finely chopped sun-dried tomato.
- Layer spread into a glass mason-like jar - first layer cheese mixture, then a layer of finely chopped sun-dried tomato, and so on, until you have used up the spread. Finish top of spread with sun-dried tomato and toasted pignoli nuts. Serve with a simple cracker.
Note: Pignoli nuts (pinon) are also known as pine nuts, most come from Italian Stone Pine, Mexican Pinion, and Chinese Nut Pine tree varieties producing these deliciously edible seeds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!