13 Oct Zucchini Noodles With Smoked Chicken Sausage
Zucchini Noodles With Smoked Chicken Sausage
If Spiderman had a zucchini web, this is what it would look like! These are the most fun and knock your socks off ways to eat your vegetables! It's a great way to get the kids involved in cooking and see vegetables in a new playful way.These zucchini noodles are packed with flavor, smokiness from the paprika, sweetness from the fresh corn off the cob, and umami of the tomatoes. You won't regret making this for dinner, and you will most likely get requests to make it again!
- 2 Tablespoons Spanish olive oil extra virgin
- 1 shallot peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1/2 red onion peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- bourbon-smoked salt just a pinch to aid in caramelization of onions
- 1 teaspoon drizzle of honey not quite a teaspoon
- splash of champagne vinegar almost an ounce
- splash of Kim Crawford Chardonnay it’s what I had on hand
- 1/2 teaspoon bourbon-smoked paprika
- 3 1/4 - inch lemon sliced, add to mixture, rind and all
- 1 pound smoked apple chicken sausage sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 4 medium zucchini made in spiralizer
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes sprinkled with bourbon-smoked salt
- 2 ears of corn blanch kernels, then cut off the cob
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- black pepper freshly ground
- 2 Pecorino Romano cheese two handfuls
- 1/2-3/4 cup basil fresh torn
- Ahead of time, make zucchini noodles in a spiralizer or purchase precut. A good handful and a half of noodles per person is an excellent general guideline. I found using the smaller to medium zucchini works best. You can purchase a spiralizer for minimal cost online, and it is a perfect addition to your kitchen!
- In a large sauté pan, add 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
- After the oil has heated, add the shallot, garlic, red onion, pinch of smoked salt, honey, and sauté until the onion is caramelized.
- Add champagne vinegar, chardonnay, smoked paprika, and sliced lemon and chicken sausage.
- Sauté until sausage warms through.
- Add zucchini zoodles, tomatoes, corn, spinach, and sauté until the spinach wilts.
- Add black pepper, cheese and basil - toss ingredients and turn off the heat.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with basil.
- An excellent way to test if your oil is hot: As your pan heats up and you think the pan is hot enough, add a small amount of ingredient you will sauté - if the ingredient begins to sizzle, you’re ready to rock 'n' roll!
Change it up:
- You can also use ground turkey meat in this recipe; add the shallots and garlic, onion, and pinch of smoked bourbon salt at the beginning of this recipe.
- Smoked applewood salt is from the Laguna Salt Company and can be ordered. www.lagunasalt.com and bourbon smoked paprika can be ordered at www.bourbonbarrelfoods.com. I love these companies and their products. This is not a paid advertisement; I am sharing them with all you food lovers!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!