06 Aug Seriously The Best Turkey Burger
Seriously The Best Turkey Burger
There is nothing wrong with a beef burger; I love them, but changing things up is good, and adding a leaner, healthier choice is good. What better way to do that than with this Easy FoodStyleUncorked Signature Turkey Burger? It's a Classic Turkey burger full of juiciness and big flavors.
- 20 ounces 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion finely minced
- 1 garlic clove coarsely mince and ground into a paste using a chef knife
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon salt Diamond Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce Lea & Perrins
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ice-cold water
- 1/4 cup panko Japanese bread crumbs +1 Tablespoon extra
Quick Pickled Jalapeños
- 2 jalapeños cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves dried
- Pinch salt Diamond Kosher Salt
- Pinch granulated sugar
Turkey Burger Sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 pinch salt Diamond Kosher Salt
Ingredients For Burger Assembly
- 4 Brioche burger buns toasted on the grill
- 4 slices American or mild cheddar cheese
- 4 slices ripe garden tomato 1/2 inch thick
- 4 slices of sweet Maui onion 1/4 inch thick
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce
- Combine Turkey meat with the rest of the ingredients, handling turkey meat as little as possible to create a good texture. Divide turkey meat into Four 5 ounce patties and mold into 1/2 inch thick rounds. To prevent sticking add a little olive oil to your hands while shaping burgers.
- You can also mold burgers by lining a large restaurant mayonnaise lid, the size of a burger, with plastic wrap. Lightly press the meat into the top and remove by pulling on the plastic wrap. Press your thumb in the center of each burger, creating a small divot, and this will help the burger keep its round shape. Place burgers onto a parchment-lined small cookie sheet and refrigerate until ready for grilling.
- Season turkey with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper on both sides just before grilling—warm grill to medium-high heat. Clean and rub grill grates with any neutral oil to prevent sticking. You can dampen a paper towel with the oil and use tongs to hold the towel to rub oil on the grates. Grill burgers for approximately 3-4 minutes on both sides. Flip burgers using a metal spatula toward the grill grates and gently flip meat. Add cheese to the top of the burger and close the grill lid to melt the cheese. Turkey burger should reach 165 degrees in the center.
- Note: It is essential to keep turkey meat chilled to create great texture, and it controls food-borne pathogens from developing.
Directions For Quick Pickled Jalapeños
- Combine all ingredients in the jar, cover with lid, let marinate overnight.
Directions For Turkey Burger Sauce
- Combine all ingredients, place in a bowl and refrigerate.
Build Your Burger!
- Smear turkey burger sauce on a toasted bun. Add the burger with melted cheese, salted tomato, raw onion, pickled jalapeños with a little extra brine, lettuce, and spread turkey burger sauce on the top bun!
Serving: 5ouncesCalories: 248kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 27gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 799mgPotassium: 423mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 747IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 54mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!