13 Oct Grilled Zucchini Tomato Bites With Blue Cheese
Grilled Zucchini Tomato Bites With Blue Cheese
Grilled Chicken Salad with Vegetables and Blue CheeseThis weeknight meal is good enough for a weekend! Using ingredients creating flavor layers makes the difference between an okay meal and an impressive meal. This salad is jammed with flavor! Grilled vegetables combined with the distinctive, salty blue cheese, marinated grilled chicken, bright, sweet beets, and herb salad mix round out this tasty salad.Weeknight meals shouldn’t be bland! One thing that has always helped me is prepping ingredients ahead. For example, making dressings and marinades in advance makes quick and simple meals. Once you get into a routine, meals come together effortlessly.
- 4 zucchini large
- Italian olive oil
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 6-8 cocktail tomatoes
- 1/4 pound smoked applewood bacon
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 4 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano
- kosher salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and bacon, bake until crisp. Set bacon aside on a plate with a paper towel to soak up the grease. Cool the bacon and dice.
- Note: Partially frozen bacon makes it much easier to dice.
- Slice zucchini in 1-inch rounds. Brush olive oil on zucchini and grill until you have grill-marked both sides. Remove zucchini from the grill and place it on a small sheet pan. With a melon baller, hollow out one side of the zucchini enough to create blue cheese well. (About half of the zucchini center)
- Fill rounds with blue cheese, sprinkle diced bacon, and top with a 1/4-inch cocktail slice of tomato. Finish with a grating of Parmigiano Reggiano
- Garnish with fresh chives and kosher salt.