16 Feb Easy 30-Minute Homemade Chicken Soup
Posted at 15:48h in Recipes 0 Comments
Easy 30-Minute Homemade Chicken Soup
You don't need to feel under the weather to enjoy this Easy 30-Minute Homemade Chicken Soup, but if you are, it's just what the Dr. ordered. It's the world's best comfort food and a staple recipe you will want to include in your modern-day classic recipe archive to share with friends and family.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 large sweet onion medium diced
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely minced
- 2 large potatoes peeled and medium diced
- 3 large carrots peeled and sliced into rounds
- 3 large celery ribs medium diced
- 2 quarts chicken stock low sodium
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg freshly grated
- 1 bay leaf dried
- 1 roasted market chicken one pound shredded
- black pepper freshly ground
- kosher salt
- Place a large stockpot over medium heat and add olive oil. Once the oil has warmed, add the chopped onions to the pot sauté until translucent. Add the rest of the vegetables and garlic as you chop them to the stockpot—season with salt and pepper. Add herbs and stock. Bring the stockpot to a boil and cook until potatoes begin to fall apart.
- Add shredded chicken—salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a slice of crusty toasted bread. One of my favorites is La Brea’s rustic garlic bread.
- Note: If your soup lacks flavor, add salt and pepper a little at a time until you reach a flavorful stock. Usually, when chicken soup lacks flavor, it's the salt that's missing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!