13 Oct Spanish Sofrito and Manchego Cheese Bruschetta
Posted at 09:10h in Recipes 0 Comments
Spanish Sofrito and Manchego Cheese Bruschetta
Spanish sofrito is one of the most widely used classic sauces throughout Spanish cuisine. It is used as the structure for many dishes.Let your culinary senses travel along with me to Spain with this grilled bruschetta. Savor the balance of sweet acidity in the tomatoes and complementary aged buttery sheep milk Manchego cheese. These crunchy, slightly smoky bruschettas are satisfyingly full of flavor, especially when you find your tomatoes at the farmers' market or in your own backyard garden!
- 1 French baguette
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 ounces 12-month aged manchego cheese
- sofrito sauce
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
Spanish Sofrito Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet onions minced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 8 Roma tomatoes small dice,
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 Anaheim chili or a green sweet pepper chopped fine
- pinch of sugar
- 3 ounces pancetta small diced
- 1 Tablespoon thyme minced
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary minced
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Sauté onion, and garlic in olive oil, until the onion is brown.
- Add diced tomatoes, red bell pepper, Anaheim chili, a pinch of sugar, and pancetta.
- Add thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, paprika, red pepper flake.
- Reduce sauce and cook until ingredients meld together.
- Add parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Let sauce ingredients cool until warm.
- Process warm ingredients in the food processor and puree until smooth consistency.
- Note: Core tomatoes, Mark “X” with a knife on the opposite core end of the tomato and blanch for 15 seconds to take the skin off before dicing.
- Cut French baguette at an angle, brush with olive oil and rub with garlic half, grill.
- Top each slice with sofrito sauce.
- Slice a thin slice of Manchego cheese and garnish each bruschetta using a carrot peeler.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!