13 Oct Blueberry Pancakes
These are the best blueberry pancakes you will ever make! These fluffy breakfast delights are a classic recipe loaded with fresh blueberries. You can’t go wrong with making these for a weekend breakfast or brunch! Serve these with a good quality real maple syrup or go crazy and make the quick blueberry sauce. If you have a lemon hanging around, take these homemade pancakes to another level of yum, and garnish with zesting a little extra sunshine!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- maple syrup warmed in a small saucepan
- 1 package frozen blueberries 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
Directions for Blueberry Sauce
- Combine all ingredients over medium heat. Bring ingredients to simmer until blueberries and sauce begin to thicken. Remove from heat and place in a serving bowl.
- Note: Frozen Berries are nice to have on hand and are great for quick sauces such as this blueberry sauce.
Directions for Pancakes
- Whisk together flour, sugar, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Next, mix milk, eggs, salt, melted butter, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Finally, add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, be sure not to over-mix; it is okay to have lumps; otherwise, a tough pancake will result.
- Ladle batter onto a medium-hot griddle and sprinkle generous amounts of blueberries on top of each pancake.
- As the pancakes are ready to flip, you will see little bubbles rise to the surface of the pancake.
- You will know the pancake is ready to be flipped by lifting the pancake with a spatula and taking a peek at the other side of the pancake. Finally, you are ready to plate your delicious blueberry pancakes if it is brown. Serve with a good quality warmed maple syrup, or you can go crazy and make this blueberry sauce!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!